The sacraments celebrated by the Church are signs of grace that make a deeper reality present to us. One reality we encounter through the sacraments is Christ’s presence in the Church community, his Body. This recognition of Christ’s presence in the community should lead to a stronger awareness of being sent on mission to engage in love-inspired action in the world.
Preparing for Baptism
Parents who are requesting the sacrament of baptismfor children ages 0 to 6 years of age, are asked to complete the following before selecting a Baptismal date:
- Parents should meet with Lety, [email protected] (click here) to complete the required forms.
- Bring the original birth certificate of the child
- Parents and Godparents must attend a pre-baptismal class.
- Bring a copy of the Godparents sacramental certificates.
- Fee-for-Service of $150 can be paid here.
Godparents are a very important part of this sacrament, they are responsible for helping parents educate their children in the Catholic faith. Therefore, the Catholic church requires that the godparents:
- Maximum of two Sponsors
- Practicing Catholics
- Be 16 years or older
- Have received the sacraments of baptism, communion, and confirmation.
- Be married by the Catholic Church, if married & not be living in free union.
- Attend a pre-baptismal class.