Baptisms of infants and young children usually take place on the third Sunday of the month. Parents and godparents need to take a brief class to prepare themselves for the baptism of the child, either here at St. John (first Saturday of the month at 9:00 a.m.) or at their home parish. To register for the class and schedule a baptism please call the office.
Parents Requesting Baptism
Parents who are requesting the sacrament of baptism are asked to complete the following before selecting a Baptismal date:
- Parents should meet with Lety, firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the required forms.
- Bring the original birth certificate of the child
- Parents and Godparents must attend a pre-baptismal class.
- Bring a copy of the Godparents sacramental certificate.
Godparents are a very important part of this sacrament, they are responsible for helping parents educate their children in the Catholic faith. Therefore, the Catholic church requires that the godparents:
- Maximum of two Sponsors
- Practicing Catholics
- Be over 16 years old
- Have received the sacraments of baptism, communion and confirmation.
- Be married by the Catholic Church if married & not be living in free union.
- Attend a pre-baptismal class